The First Steps
Cancer can be a frightening disease, especially to newly diagnosed individuals and their families. To ease fears and make the fight against cancer more manageable, we recommend:
- Learning about cancer
- Understanding the treatment options available
- Coordinating all aspects of treatment, both in our facility and with other specialists.
At Nebraska Hematology-Oncology, our physicians, nurses, and staff work together to provide complete cancer care. We coordinate every aspect of care including:
- Diagnosis analysis
- Developing a comprehensive treatment strategy
- Involving patients in clinical trials when appropriate
- Providing insurance, financial, and drug acquisition support
As an independent oncology clinic:
- We work closely with all Lincoln hospitals, other cancer care specialists, and health care professionals.
- We provide complete chemotherapy treatments on site.
- We offer our patients a wide array of support and patient advocacy services.
- If surgery, radiation therapy, or other treatments are needed, we recommend the most appropriate resources and coordinate communication to ensure you are receiving precisely the treatment you need, when you need it.